In the last 26 days, I have...
I did NOT get to:
- The Mine, by Arnab Ray
- The Hunger Games trilogy
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
For someone who has read practically nothing in the last two-three years, this is quite impressive.
- All four seasons of Coupling
- Both seasons of Sherlock
- Both seasons of Downton Abbey, though some episodes seem to be missing from what I have procured, and also I only realised halfway through the show that it is Downton and not Downtown.
- The season finales of Community, Castle and Once Upon a Time
- The Avengers
- The IPL final
- Gol gappas and samosas at the neighborhood shop
- Genuine Indian Chinese food at a dingy street stall
- Calamari at HRC, Delhi
- Mughlai paratha at Kingdom of Dreams - could've been better, could've been worse.
- Aloo ke parathas at Jhilmil Dhaba, Karnal - with dollops of Amul butter and dahi
- Mushroom achaar and apple juice from the NAFED (now called HPMC, I think) stall at Jabli
- Butter Chicken at Giani da Dhaba, en route to Kasauli
- Thukpa and momos in a dingy little shop in Lower Mall, Kasauli
- Chai at Ross Common, Kasauli - a charming little hotel where we've stayed when I was a kid
- Chicken rolls at Badshaah, New Market
- Breakfast at Flury's
- Pretty awesome vegetarian sizzlers in Patna's only mall
- My favorite dishes at The Monk, Gurgaon
- The mother's aloo posto, luchi-mangsho, shepherd's pie, and dosas
- The father's salami sandwiches
- Jabli, Kasauli, and Chandigarh. With the princess in tow, because the hotel we were staying in let us bring her along, and gave us a lovely little "studio cottage" which came with a tiny kitchen where we could make her khana too
- Kolkata, to meet the grandmother
- Patna, to visit the brother
I did NOT get to:
- have Bhutta
- visit the Inayat Khan dargah in Nizammuddin for Friday evening qawwalis, followed by a meal at Karim's
- go to Kake da Hotel
- have Shorshe-bata or any of mum's fish dishes
- eat at Big Chill
- go into Delhi as much as I would've liked, or visited CP, or Khan Market, or Dilli Haat
- go swimming
It's been a good month. Short, though.