Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Kindly note:

I'm a snob. You know it, I know it, we all know it. I want - no, I need - good grammar. I need proper punctuation. If you send me a document for reference, or just reading randomly, I will first spend ten minutes creating my personal version, with corrected grammar and punctuation in it. Only then will I proceed to read it.

I need spaces after full stops and commas, not before. I do not like double spaces. And you get extra points if you justify the document.

Thank you.

8 comments:

R said...

*blink*

that's not snobbery, that narcissism!

Mudra said...

I absolutely understand what you're talking about. Heartfelt empathy.

ANC said...

I second the motion! Wholeheartedly!

The Seeker said...

I do that too... and I don't think it's narcissism. Grammar is as important as the content.


Your word verification thing just asked me for a y with umlauts, by the way.

a traveller said...

@ziggy: as if you're not the same! :P

@fintan: I'm told you're still in Washington?!

The Seeker said...

I'm nowhere near Washington... but don't worry, my location should change back to Aberdeen soon. (hopefully)

jonajona said...

my god ra! HOW did u ever read anything i have written? lol

a traveller said...

By closing my eyes tightly, and repeating to myself, I love this girl I love this girl I love this girl. Only then do I proceed.

Of course, if it's a Word doc, I just edit it first. :P