Sunday, September 28, 2008

Overheard...

This post reminds of a conversation I once overheard.

A while ago, I listened to two women discussing their love for animals. One of the women claimed that she didn't know a single human she trusted more than dogs. Apparently, "no bloody human can be trusted. I'll trust my dogs over people any day you know." The rant carried on for quite some time. Finally, the other lady asked her, "so what kind of dog do you have?"

"Oh, we have daschunds you know. It's impossible to keep bigger dogs because it's just so hard to manage them and take them for walks when you don't have a servant. At least daschunds are small enough to manage."

Yes, I totally see how much you love and trust dogs.

It's fascinating the kind of conversations you get to overhear while getting a manicure in the salon.

5 comments:

R said...

In a tiny way I do see her point. But then I also see yours. I hope her dogs are okay :(

Also - it's not hard to trust anything more than a human being. Pfft.

R said...

oh also... gah you're such a girl with your manicures - uff!

The Seeker said...

A manicure in a salon... you know how the only girls I know who professionally get their hands/feet/eyebrows/whatnot done seem to all be Indian?

Also, I agree with Ziggy;s second point.

Delo said...

Love and trust my kids and dog.........in that order.The latter may not part with her GBs but am sure my kids would, if asked for a sip of COKE!

Unknown said...

We all live in a world of Hypocrisy, its just that we are cowards to accept the truth, or so to say like being under a veil... Its more comfortable you see....