Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Moments of cheerfulness

Amidst all the madness, it doesn't take much to put me in a more cheerful frame of mind.



Having brunch on Saturday with a friend, before attacking the dozen-odd cover letters to be written over the weekend.

Finding a second hand first edition copy of a US hardcover version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.


Meeting the guy who runs the Indian store, and getting a free banana simply because. Making Maggi for dinner.

Waking up Sunday morning to an absolutely gorgeous video about Calcutta.

Getting to wear jeans and t-shirt to school after weeks of non-stop corporate presentations and office hours.

Receiving a Whastapp message from the BFF, reminding me of a note I had scribbled for her before leaving India, which she saw five months later on a visit home.

Having a late morning class, which meant I could watch Jon Stewart while having chai and toast for breakfast.


Nope, it doesn't take much to make me feel cheerful. What takes an effort is sustaining that feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chai, tea and Jon Stewart - sounds pretty similar to my own morning routine, which I don't like missing for anything! (Which is why I need to wake up early at times, GAH.) If I don't have a wonderfully delicious cup of ginger tea in the morning, I know it's all going down hill even before it starts!

a traveller said...

Dear Lord in Heaven, what has Amreeka done to you? When did chai and tea become different things?

That's me said...

"Nope, it doesn't take much to make me feel cheerful. What takes an effort is sustaining that feeling."

No words really, such true lines.