Tuesday, November 04, 2008

As time goes by

All our lives, my father has always made sure that he's not traveling on our birthdays. If it was unavoidable, he would always try and either get back on the D-day or leave the next morning, or something. But he would be there.

Tomorrow's my mother's birthday, and I'll be catching the night flight out to Mumbai for work. For the first time ever, I won't be there for the family birthday dinner in a restaurant. For the first time in many years, my mother won't have either of her kids with her for dinner on her birthday.

Feels weird.

2 comments:

The Seeker said...

I've missed most of my family's birthdays too in the past year... I never did before that. It really is a strange feeling.

R said...

Birthdays aren't really a big deal in my family. Just mine is. Cos I make it so :D