Monday, January 18, 2010

Morning conversations

The princess' days' highlights, other than her meals and naps of course, come from the car rides she gets when the father is dropping me somewhere (no, I don't drive, thats another story altogether, shush now). Sample a conversation that took place this morning:

Princess: *wags tail while drinking milk-flavoured water after her walk*
(she refuses to drink plain water, don'tcha know?)
Moi: Bye mommy, I shall now depart for the day.
Mother: Are you taking the princess with you?
Princess: *ears prick up, turns to look at me*
Moi: Does she want to come with us?
Mother: She's very dignified, she will only ever go with you if you ask her to....
Princess: *bounds down the stairs, and reaches the gate in two seconds flat*
Mother: *mouth hangs open*
Father: The only time this girl is ever dignified is when she is snoozing.

I had no further part in the conversation, I was too busy giggling uncontrollably.

3 comments:

R said...

OH you have a dog OH!

STILL more relevant a comment than what I got!!!

ANC said...

Haha, this reminded me of how I got my pet as a gift when I was 10, and how, over time, I came to realize what he meant when he wagged his tail/cried/blah blah. It's almost like bringing up a baby :)

antiglam superstar! said...

Princess is the cutest!

Best friend has a beagle named Johnny. When he was a few weeks old, he'd keep her up all night and the next day she would be sleepy and irritable. But the moment she'd talk about Johnny, her eyes would light up! ..and I'd tell her: "say hullo to motherhood!" :D